Pages

Sunday 22 January 2012

Now dispensing Random Acts

Hi and welcome to Random Acts of Criticism. The internet is a marvellous place, with much information to trawl through. However one area which I have noticed a distinct shortage is in that of personal film blogs (ha!). With that blatantly false statement out of the way, this blog is my attempt to add to the vast oceans of filmic discourse currently sloshing around the web.

So, with so much competition out there, why bother read Random Acts of Criticism? Excellent question! There are several areas in which I hope to add a unique voice to those already out there. Firstly, I will be publishing a weekly film diary, featuring the top five film events around th egreat city of Melbourne. If it's worth seeing in this great city, you'll hear about it here. Secondly, and teh reason this blog is called Random Acts of Criticism is the source material. I will not focus merely on the latest release pictures, but rather an eclectic sampling of films from throughout the history of the medium, with the occasional new release when my budget stretches to it! Finally I will be writing semi regular think pieces on a wide variety of subjects, not necessarily only film.

So, I welcome you once again, and hope you enjoy yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment